There are countless studies on the benefits of gratitude and thankfulness in regards to health and well-being. I wanted to share with you some information I have learned on my Journey to becoming a Certified Health Coach.
Here goes, we were assigned to watch this video for part of a lesson.
My takeaways are :
- Being positive in the present moment.
- Happiness advantage ( a better formula)
- One of the benefits of a positive outlook is Dopamine(happy hormone) is released. *
- He lists off 5 ways to increase Happiness or practice it daily.
- Gratitude was one of the items listed.
I have seen this countless times as of late and its time that I stepped up to this challenge. So here was the challenge. To write down 3 new things each day that you are thankful/grateful for, for 21 days.
From what was mentioned in the video this is to help train your brain to scan the world for the good things instead of the bad. The bad are so easy to see but awful to deal with and live out.
So today’s three are :
1. I am Grateful for friendships that remind me that I am enough just the way I am.
2. I am Grateful that I have a job(s) that I can love on people. Treating people the way I want to be treated is not always an easy job, but if done with the right heart and intentions. It’s a great feeling and everyone wins. (I think it makes God smile too!)
3. I am Grateful that God loves me no matter what. That He sees who I will become and not for what my past looks like.
So take this journey with me! You can participate too! Post your 3 below in the comments, journal yours in a notebook or spectate on mine and others. Either way is fine with me. Hope you join us in one way or another. I am so excited to see what God has for me/us on this trip.
*Dopamine fascinates me. If you want to know more about it I have included some additional links for you to check out.