Beginner Avocado Salad
Aromatic, fresh, feel great salad. Every time I open up this salad when I am out at a scrapbooking event or at work, someone always mentions, "Wow, that sure smells good!"
Recipe type: Lunch
- 2 cups of greens of choice ( I use spinach)
- 1 red pepper ( you could use a different color or an assortment of colors)
- ½ Avocado * see instructions below
- ¼ cup of red onions ( do not substitute) this has a distinct flavor and smell -very important
- ½ cup cucumber
- Pink salt- a dash or less (optional or to taste)
- Olive oil - this is the one I use (optional)
- Rinse Veggies and choice of greens
- Cut Veggies
- Cut Avocado lengthwise and scoop out on the side, then cut into bigger chunks and slightly smash the Avocado ( depending on the kind of texture you like.
- Mix all ingredients in a Large bowl: Except, the pink salt.
- Add pink salt to taste
When it comes to Avocados and Red onions, in my book they have to be just the right amount of each. Otherwise one overpowers the other and I can't finish it. So I have listed the way I prefer it. You might have to experiment to get the exact amount right for you. If you don't mind a stronger onion flavor add more onions.Or if you prefer more avo's, then put more avos in it. As for the olive oil- Fun Fact- did you know that most Olive oils that you find in the store are over a year old? Unlike wine, Olive oil is never better than the date it was first pressed. The one I have listed does not have a pressing date, but I do trust the company and the "best by" date is over a year from the date I received it. More on this in an upcoming post.