“Health coaching, also referred to as wellness coaching, is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging a client to listen to their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.” – Wikipedia!
What is a Health Coach?
” A change supporter”.- Sandy Nikson
- Ever feel lost, hopeless not knowing who to listen to next?
- Have you eaten” healthy” for a period of time and still couldn’t figure out why you are still gaining weight or stuck at the same weight you started at?
- Have you seen countless doctors, still feeling as sick as you were when you went in?
- Have you left a doctor’s office with more questions than you went in with, or this feeling that there is another option, but you don’t know what that is or have the words to explain ?
I to have been there. All I wanted was someone to help me see new possibilities. Possibility’s that were in my reach, but I didn’t have the tools or knowledge to see them for myself. That’s what my style of coaching can help you achieve.
New overall wellness possibility’s, confidence in your ability to do new things, and hope.
I like to call it, ” Health Hope with Heart”!
What does that look like?
The coaching process that I use is as follows:
- Free 20min consult (see below)
This is where you get to ask questions and find out if Health Coaching is right for you.
- Intake forms, client agreement, fees and services along with a more detailed description of the following process will be emailed to you for your review upon request or after a free consult.
Basic Transformation Package which includes: (other packages available contact me for details)
- 3-month commitment with a live session each month( 3 live sessions) about 60-90min in length ( depends on the person and goals), it can be live in person, via online meeting room, or by phone.
- After every session, I would email you notes from the session, forms/ guides to help you reach your goals, links for more information for you to review. Plus so much more
- Unlimited email and text support for the contracted term.
- I will have a “check-in “email once a week unless otherwise agreed upon time frame, with encouragement, anything you have previously asked for, such as information or resources.
- After the 3 months are complete we have one last “live session” that is about 30 min max to go over any last questions, concerns and 2 weeks of follow-up email support if you chose to use it. Basically, after the last “live session” I am just there for emergency support.
Note: Throughout the program, in email and in “person” I will be checking in to make sure the coaching process is working for you. I am always open to any positive or negative (constructive) feedback.
Now you know the process that I use. What should you expect from me as your Health Coach? What do I expect from you as a client?
You can expect me to:
- Support you in hard times and congratulate you on your victories.
- A great listener
- More than adequate resources to help you reach your goals and make good decisions for your health.
- Safe non-judgmental atmosphere
Note: My heart is all in, to help you achieve your health goals. Since my heart is all in, my faith in Jesus will come spilling out. Now having said that my coaching process is client driven.
My job as a Health Coach is to educate, collaborate and brainstorm with you so you can advocate for yourself. In doing so you will be able to confidently communicate all desired changes to your physician while working with me and in the future.
My recommendations may require that you give up certain foods or habits while working with me. As Hippocrates said “Food IS medicine” but can also be poison to your body depending on your current state of health. In order to get well and optimize your health, it is up to you to make your own decisions and listen to your instincts. No one can make decisions for you. Not me and not your doctor.
Nobody but YOU !
I am interested in helping those who are willing to help themselves. If you are full of excuses, married to your current lifestyle or are uncomfortable with my faith-based atmosphere.
I am not the coach for you.
Getting well means making changes that may be uncomfortable for you at first. Listen to your body and rely only on (God) and yourself to decide what is best for you. Take my recommendations as suggestions and not as a prescription. I am only an avenue for information and support. If you commit to yourself, instill high-quality whole food changes, plus a willingness and an open mind to a new lifestyle you WILL see results.
I am ready to start this journey with you. Are YOU?
Click here for a free 20min consult
” Making changes without the right system, support and accountability are extremely difficult.” – Health Coach Institute
- Understanding foods and how they affect your health
- Making a gradual lifestyle change into better eating habits for you and your family
- Assistance with removing gluten and other harmful inflammatory foods
- Food and children’s behavior
- Allergies (all types)
- Toxins, food, environmental or other
Digestion (Stomach) Issues
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Bloating or gas
- Acid reflux or heartburn
- Irregular bowel movements and discomfort
- Ulcerative colitis
- Ear pain
- Chronic ” ————-“
- Discussing the barriers to exercise
- Hormones and how they affect your well-being
- Thyroid imbalances
- Adrenal concerns
- Transforming Stress vs Stress management, what each is and how to use them
- Optimal Sleep